Terms & Conditions
1. These terms and conditions are the Competition Rules ("Rules") and apply to the Your Name Here competition included on the www.winyournamehere.co.uk website ("Competition"). By entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. The Competition is organised by Joshua Sofaer Projects who have been commissioned by Heart of Glass St Helens to create the Competition.
3. Joshua Sofaer Projects reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or these Rules at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted within these Rules. A copy of the Rules may also be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to:
Your Name Here, St Helens Council Planning Office, Wesley House, Corporation Street, St Helens, Merseyside WA10 1HF.
4. The decision of the judges shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
5. Joshua Sofaer Projects reserves the right to change the panel of judges without notice and not to select a winner if, in the opinion of the judges, there is no suitable winning entry.
6. This competition is not open to employees or contractors of Joshua Sofaer Projects or any person directly or indirectly involved in the organisation or running of the Competition. Joshua Sofaer Projects reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
7. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete and it is your original work and it has not been previously published in print or online, broadcast or awarded a prize in another competition.
8. Joshua Sofaer Projects assumes that by using the Website and entering the Competition (and you warrant that) either you have legal capacity to enter the Competition and agree to the Rules (i.e. that you are of sufficient age and mental capacity and are entitled to be legally bound in contract) or your parents or guardians have consented to your entry of the Competition and use of these Rules.
9. Joshua Sofaer Projects reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
10. Entries can be submitted by post or through the website.You can submit as many entries as you like but each entry must be submitted separately.
11. You can enter the competition by submitting the name you want to nominate and the reason why in up to 150 words. Additionally you can choose to support your nomination with a still image (photograph, digital creation, drawing, painting, collage), a 3D object (sculpture, or found object) an audio recording of up to 3 minutes, a moving image recording of up to 6 minutes (digital, video, or film), or writing of up to 750 words, or any combination of the above.
We will accept either digital submissions via our website, or by post and in person to Your Name Here, St Helens Council Planning Office, Wesley House, Corporation Street, St Helens, Merseyside WA10 1HF.
If you are submitting digital files, they should be in the following formats: jpg, jpeg, png, mov, mp4, wmv, mp3, wav, doc, docx, pdf. Files submitted via the website should be no larger than 100mb.
Postal and in-person submissions can include material in the above formats on a USB drive or DVD or be ‘hard copy’ on paper, or whatever medium is most appropriate for the submission.
We will try to accommodate all submissions but reserve the right to refuse large, bulky or hazardous submissions. Please make sure that fragile items are protected.
12. All entries must be submitted with a completed entry form, or with the same information in the applicant’s own format. This must include:
the name you want to nominate
up to 150 words giving the reason for your nominaton
your age (under 16 on 26th June 2015 or over 16 on 26th June 2015)
your telephone number
your email address
13. All entries must arrive by 5 p.m. on Friday 26th June 2015.
14. The winner(s) will be notified by Friday 24th July 2015.
15. There is no purchase requirement to enter the Competition and there is no charge to register for use of the www.winyournamehere.co.uk website (the “Website”). Entries may also be made by post by writing to: Your Name Here, St Helens Town Hall, Corporation Street, St Helens WA10 1HP, to be received by 5 pm on the closing date of Friday 26th June 2015. Entries can also be dropped off in person.
16. Joshua Sofaer Projects does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
17. Joshua Sofaer Projects cannot guarantee to return any Competition entries. However, it is the intention of the project organisers to allow entrants to collect their Competition entries once the exhibition that results from the competition has closed in December 2015. Proof of identity may be requested before you can collect your entry.
18. The prize winner(s) will be chosen by the panel of judges from a selection of qualifying entries. A list of the judges is available on the Website. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) and Joshua Sofaer Projects shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
19. Prize winners will be notified by Friday 24th July 2015. The Competition winner’s name may be published on the Website or you can write to Competition Prize Winners, Your Name Here, St Helens Council Planning Office, Wesley House, Corporation Street, St Helens, Merseyside WA10 1HF including a self-addressed stamped envelope for the name of the winner.
20. If the winning name is nominated by a third party and the relevant individual does not wish to see their name used, Joshua Sofaer Projects and the judges may chose an alternate prize winner from a selection of qualifying entries.
21. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
22. No prize will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
Intellectual Property Rights
23. By entering the competition you agree to grant the exclusive rights for Joshua Sofaer Projects to display, publish or broadcast your entry in any form whether printed, electronic or otherwise for one year after the closing date of the competition. After this date, Joshua Sofaer Projects will continue to reserve non-exclusive rights to publication. You will not be entitled to any payment or royalties from Joshua Sofaer Projects or from the Competition relating to your entry.
24. You hereby warrant that the information that you submit will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, Joshua Sofaer Projects reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute, or remove the same.
25. Joshua Sofaer Projects cannot accept responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize.
Data Protection and Publicity
26. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Joshua Sofaer Projects reserves the right to use the names of winners, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity.
27. Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s prior consent.
28. The Competition and the terms and conditions of this agreement will be governed by English law.
How to contact us
29. You can contact us in relation to any competition by writing to
Joshua Sofaer Projects c/o Your Name Here, St Helens Council Planning Office, Wesley House, Corporation Street, St Helens, Merseyside WA10 1HF.